Thursday, January 5, 2012

TM Report: Cockaponset SF - Weber Woods section

   
Date: January 1-5, 2012
Report Type: TM Report:
Trail Name: Cockaponset SF - Weber Woods section
Town: Clinton
Trail Conditions: Dry
Observations/Information: I took a hike on New Year's day to clear the cob webs and decided to explore an area I had not been in for a while; there is a large, elevated parcel off the western entrance dirt road where a bunch of paint ballers used to play war games on weekends about five years ago; those kids are long grown and the place has been essentially undisturbed since; I hiked up the old logging road and found a network of intertwined, neglected trails and several forts/barricades long abandoned by the kids; the more I hiked, the more excited I got at the prospect of reclaiming this area and turning it into a riding playground; I left and came back on three different days with tools and created access for a perimeter trail about ½ mile in length which includes a wide variety of terrain; I did not do any benching or heavy construction, but rather my three tools were a hand saw, lopper, and leaf rake in order to reclaim what once was; I plan on clocking some riding time on it this weekend, then begin an expansion to include more of the trails; a great beginning to the new year.
Trail Ambassador Name: Don Hazuka

Trail Ambassador E-mail: donaldDOThazukaATcovidienDOTcom
How did you use the trail? Hiking/Walking
Trails Ridden: N/A
Time of day: Afternoon
Time/Duration (hours): 5 3/4 total
Approximate Distance (Miles): 1/2 mile
Images/Photos: Barricade.jpg
2nd image: New trail.jpg
3rd Image:
4th Image:

No comments: