Sunday, August 21, 2011

Hop River State Rail Trail

Date: Aug 21, 2011
Report Type: TA Report:
Trail Name: Hop River State Rail Trail
Town: Vernon-Columbia
Trail Conditions: Excellent
Observations/Information: The areas in the town of Vernon have been cleared of debris, leaves, and over-growth. The trail really looks good. I had to move one 20 ft. long downed tree off the path in Bolton. Some muddy/slick patches near RT 316. The trail is mostly singletrack, not much maintenance in these areas. On my return trip, I was passed by (2) dirt-bikes about 12:45. They did not have marker plates (one red bike and another yellow). I figured they entered at Wales Rd. and headed up to Steele's Crossing. I followed their tire markings. I know they shouldn't be riding these trails, however I didn't notice any abuse. I ride many miles and log many hours on the Hop River, this was a first! It looks like an afternoon thunderstorm, thankfully I'm home.
Trail Ambassador Name: Peter Blume

Trail Ambassador E-mail: Pblume@AshfordCT.org
How did you use the trail? MT Biking
Trails Ridden: Hop River
Time of day: Morning
Time/Duration (hours): 10:00-2:00
Approximate Distance (Miles): 26
Images/Photos:
2nd image:
3rd Image:
4th Image:

No comments: