Sunday, August 21, 2011

George C Waldo State Park

   
Date: 8/21/11
Report Type: TA Report:
Trail Name: George C Waldo State Park
Town: Southbury
Trail Conditions: Very good.
Observations/Information: Good news and maybe some not so good news. I rode down Daffy onto Hunter and used my new 8" folding saw to rip through that limb blocking Hunter. Someone else had already started cutting in several spots but couldnt get through. I chopped it up into several sections and moved the limbs off the trail.
Now for the not so good news. A dirt biker got in via Hunter. I saw the marks down near the entrance to WWaldo but thought he just used the fire road. But at the downed limb I saw the big donut he left up on the hillside and I thought he went back down Hunter. Nope....he rode it most of the way down WWaldo...I lost his tracks at one point and didnt have time to search for where he turned off. Being around dirt bikers my whole life I'll say he wasnt trying to rip the trail up. More so just riding along easy. But if he does decide to go WFO then could be an issue.
Trail Ambassador Name: SAS

Trail Ambassador E-mail: cirrus113dothotmaildotcom
How did you use the trail? MT Biking
Trails Ridden:
Time of day: Morning
Time/Duration (hours): 2
Approximate Distance (Miles): 5 miles
Images/Photos: before.JPG
2nd image: after.JPG
3rd Image:
4th Image:

No comments: