Monday, November 12, 2012

Upper Paugussett State Forest


Date: 11/12/2012

Trail Name: Upper Paugussett State Forest
Town: Newtown, CT
Trail Conditions: Delicious
Observations/Information: I started this ride by going up the Mulikin Trail to see if there were any issues from Hurricane Sandy that needed to be addressed.  I was hoping they were taken care of and while most seemed to have been addressed there was still one major blockage that needed to be fixed, which I was able to do with my pack saw.




Much to my chagrin, I was not the first to ride the new re-route that I did earlier in the day.  Knobbie tracks had already been on it.  The re-route rides really nice and it's really fun.  It needs some more benching hear and there and I might have to rethink the part where it goes over a downed tree but overall it definitely adds a delicious wrinkle to somewhat boring section of the trail.



A bike wardrobe malfunction prohibited me from riding back up the Gussy to judge what the reroute is like in the opposite direction.

Trail Ambassador Name: Mark Lurie
Trail Ambassador E-mail: ctnemba a la gmail dot com
How did you use the trail? Mountain Biking
Trails Ridden:   Al's Trail, The Mulikin, Upper Gussy, Reach Around, Jeep Road
Time of day: Midday
Time/Duration (hours): 1

No comments: