Monday, November 12, 2012

TM Report: Upper Paugussett State Forest


 

Date: 11/12/2012
Report Type: TM Report:
Trail Name: Upper Paugussett State Forest
Town: Newtown, CT
Trail Conditions: Reroute needed


Observations/Information: With the trees blocking the main part of the Gussy Trail I decided to put in a re-route around the issue, however, at some point if I can get someone in there with a chain saw then I think I can open it up.



I put down pin flags and set to clearing. I had to make some concessions in terms of the terrain. There is a short section, perhaps 30 feet in length that is fall line but with some benching and a little grade reversal it should be OK.

I benched the north section but need to come back and do more benching on the fall line but I want to ride that section a little more to make sure I have it just right.
Trail Ambassador Name: Mark Lurie
Trail Ambassador E-mail: ctnemba a la gmail dot com
How did you use the trail? Other Trail use
Trails Ridden:
Time of day: Morning
Time/Duration (hours): 3

No comments: