Friday, July 3, 2009

TA Report: Wilton Woods

Date of Activity:07-03-09

Condition of Trails(s): Wet, buggy, very greasy




Trail Ambassador Name: David Francefort
Trail Ambassador Email: dfrancefort@excite.com
Town: Wilton
Location: Wilton Woods
Trail(s) Ridden: N/A
How did you use the trail?: Trail Maintenance
What was the time of day?: 10:30am
Duration (Hours): 3
Distance (Miles): N/A
Observations: Was riding earlier in the week and noticed that the first bridge on the left blue trail had collapsed. I inspected the bridge and found that the underlying supports rotted away and broke. The planks for the decking appeared to be in good shape as they are 2 inches thick with little rot. I picked up three 2"x8"x10' PT and headed out this morning. I had to make 3 trips in a 1/2 mile to the location of the bridge. Reused all the old decking and new bridge is very sturdy and should hold up for years to come. As I was finishing up I had my first customer, a mountain biker, who gave the bridge a thumbs up.


No comments: