Wednesday, June 25, 2014

Little-Laurel Lime Ridge Park

Date: 6/25/2014
Report Type: TA Report
Trail Name: Little-Laurel Lime Ridge Park
Town: Seymour
Trail Conditions: Some mud, some washouts, plenty technical
Observations/Information: I intended to ride Osbornedale this morning, but when I got over there, the gates were still closed, and I was impatient. The last time I looked up the Land Trust PDF that included the map to Quillinan, I recalled a small park in Seymour that they noted was OK for a ride, so off I went.

I took a counter-clockwise loop, finding myself from time to time on spurs that led onto private property. Ultimately I ended up on the west side, with the fantastic view up the Housatonic River.

Right after that is some horrific fall-line, then playing "Hey - where's my trail?" (supposedly there's a loop around the south back to the east and where I parked, but I couldn't find it. Next trip I'll ride clockwise.)

Mud, washouts, fall-line, ... so there are problems, but there's plenty of potential here. Many T/FR features, from mild to WAY beyond my skill set (but obviously ridden by somebody).



Trail Ambassador Name: John Joy
Trail Ambassador E-mail: jmj [at] savagejoy [dot] com
How did you use the trail? MT Biking
Trails Ridden:
Time of day: Morning
Time/Duration (hours): 1:30
Approximate Distance (Miles): 3.3

No comments: