Thursday, April 17, 2014

River Highlands State Park

Date: April 12 2014
Report Type: TA Report
Trail Name: River Highlands State Park
Town: Cromwell
Trail Conditions: Dry, a few blowdowns
Observations/Information: I took a quick spin at River Highlands Saturday afternoon. The trails were about as dry as I'd ever seen them, and well used. There was a tree across the green trail, south of yellow, and someone had newly ramped a small log laying across the green trail, near the parking lot. All the bridges on yellow survived the winter with no problems, the Blow Hole (bottom of yellow) was slightly flooded. Sidewinder is riding well but covered with leaves. I think I'll go in and tune up the benching when I get a chance.

I hiked back in on Monday with my hand saw to clear the tree across green north of yellow and cleared the corridor along the way.


Trail Ambassador Name: Glenn Vernes
Trail Ambassador E-mail: glennvernesatgmaildotcom
How did you use the trail? MT Biking
Trails Ridden: Green, yellow, red, white, blue
Time of day: Afternoon
Time/Duration (hours): 1.0
Approximate Distance (Miles): 6
Image1: Blow Hole 041214 002.JPG

No comments: