Sunday, July 28, 2013

Case Mountain

Date: 7/28/13
Report Type: TA Report:
Trail Name: Case Mountain
Town: Glastonbury
Trail Conditions: Good
Observations/Information: Rode Case Mountain Sunday morning. I parked at the towers lot and headed down the hill toward the reservoir. The trails are clear although vegetation including thorns is starting to grow in in places, particularly the sunnier areas. There was also one wet spot down by the wooden bridge that crosses the river. The soil was otherwise dry but some of the rocks had a thin film of wetness making them slick.

I crossed paths with a fair number of hikers/dog walkers and two groups of bikers as well. Back at the trailhead I met two guys enjoying a post ride beer and jamming Ray Charles and Patsy Cline songs on the car stereo. They were surprised I recognized those artists and remarked I must be "older than I look".
Trail Ambassador Name: Glenn Vernes

Trail Ambassador E-mail: glennvernesatgeemaildotcom
How did you use the trail? MT Biking
Trails Ridden:
Time of day: Morning
Time/Duration (hours): 2.0
Approximate Distance (Miles): 9.5
Images/Photos:
2nd image:
3rd Image:
4th Image:

No comments: