Tuesday, February 19, 2013

Bluff Point State Park

   


Date: Feb 19, 2013
Report Type: TA Report:
Trail Name: Bluff Point State Park
Town: Groton
Trail Conditions: Mostly Snow Cone Slush, mixed with dry spots and ice
Observations/Information: Few people have posted that Bluff (and Haley Farm) are ridable, if a bit rough and only the fire roads. So,.. jones'in for a ride before the rain hits this afternoon I took a quick trip over.

I headed right down the fire road. I did notice that the snow/slush is MUCH less on the west and south facing sides and many places are bone dry including the bluff it's self. I did only get out to the bluff and back as it's a bit bouncy and rough on my back even with a full squish bike. I gave a quick shot on some single track, but didn't get more than maybe a few yards in before the bike just bogged down.

Tad rough and chattery but, worth it thou!! felt good to get out onto the bike. Someone more fit than myself would probably be able to do much more, Fat Bikes would have no issue at all and might even be able to hit the single track.

I do think after the rain this afternoon/eve and a few day right above freezing that it might just be worth another look for the weekend!!
 
(oh and I was smart enough to stuff the after ride refreshment in the snow before going out ;) )


Trail Ambassador Name: Thom Lamourine

Trail Ambassador E-mail: Thom&at&CTNEMBA*dot*com
How did you use the trail? MT Biking
Trails Ridden: fire road
Time of day: Afternoon
Time/Duration (hours): about 1 hour
Approximate Distance (Miles): 3.32 miles
Images/Photos: IMG_0018.JPG
2nd image: IMG_0016.JPG
3rd Image: Screen shot 2013-02-19 at 2.21.43 PM.png
4th Image:

No comments: