Sunday, September 23, 2012

West Rock Ridge SP

Date: Sept. 23, 2012
Report Type: TM Report:
Trail Name: West Rock Ridge SP
Town: Hamden
Trail Conditions: Good condition
Observations/Information: I reblazed the Red Trail between the two sections of Mountain Road. I did the usual trimming back of overhanging branches. I cut back some of the autumn olive I cut every year. I walked back the road and picked up a bucket's worth of trash. I walked past the trail turn that inspired me to start trail work at West Rock in 2007. I was hiking and followed what I thought was the trail into someone's backyard. As it literally turned out, the trail took a 90 degree turn at that location and what I followed was someone's private trail, since the blazes on the actual trail were so faded. I marked the turn well and blocked off the private trail, which has stayed blocked off. The trail was generally dry and firm, except a couple of small muddy spots. On my next trip, I plan to reblaze the Red Trail up to the overlook of Farm Brook Reservoir, and hopefully have time to reblaze the Red Trail along the gravel road.
Trail Ambassador Name: Tom Ebersold

Trail Ambassador E-mail: bikehikekayak123 [at] sbcglobal [dot] net
How did you use the trail? Hiking/Walking
Trails Ridden: Red
Time of day: Afternoon
Time/Duration (hours): 3.5
Approximate Distance (Miles): 2 miles
Images/Photos:
2nd image:
3rd Image:
4th Image:

No comments: