Wednesday, September 12, 2012

TA Report: George C Waldo State Park



Date: 9/11/2012
Report Type: TA Report:
Trail Name: George C Waldo State Park
Town: Southbury, CT
Trail Conditions: Outstanding!



Observations/Information: Perfect day for riding! Trails were pristine and there were a few people even on the trails but I only heard them. I asked a fisherman in the parking lot if he wouldn't mind parking perpendicular to the entrance so that more cars could fit. I hope the more people I ask to do this more they will park this way.



There was rotted tree that blew down on the Hunters Trail that I cleared and some small branches here and there, otherwise Waldo is perfect.

I didn't realize that there was some new benching on Extra Credit making it wider in the places where there is a steep side slope making the trail through here much less sketchy. Going to have to start riding Extra Credit in both directions now.


Trail Ambassador Name: Mark Lurie
Trail Ambassador E-mail: ctnemba a la gmail dot com
How did you use the trail? MT Biking
Trails Ridden: Waldo, Extra Credit, Daffy
Time of day: Evening
Time/Duration (hours): 1
Approximate Distance (Miles): 5

No comments: