Tuesday, July 24, 2012

TA Report: Upper Paugussett State Forest

Date: 7/24/2012
Report Type: TA Report:
Trail Name: Upper Paugussett State Forest
Town: Newtown
Trail Conditions: Greasy
Observations/Information: Headed out to Upper Paugussett and got caught in a brief shower that turned the whole place into a tropical rain forest.

 

Wearing my new CTNEMBA Trail Ambassador Jersey, which came out really nice and fits me well, I rode the Poly Brody for the first time in two months and notice quite a few changes. Apparently, the State has been doing some road work on the Forest Road, widening it some spots and filling in the ruts in others.



Once I got on the Gussy I found fresh tire tracks and it appears someone else was on the trail. Actually two someones that I ran into down by the ROW.



I cleared some branches on the trail but the main reason I went out was to block a new trail someone had created that started out flat but then went into a fall line descent that would only mean folly once erosion started.

Trail Ambassador Name: Mark Lurie
Trail Ambassador E-mail: ctnemba a la gmail dot com
How did you use the trail? MT Biking
Trails Ridden: Poly Brody, Upper Gussy
Time of day: Evening
Time/Duration (hours): 1
Approximate Distance (Miles): 5

No comments: