Wednesday, July 25, 2012

Collis P Huntington SP

Date: July 25, 2012
Report Type: TA Report:
Trail Name: Collis P Huntington SP
Town: Redding
Trail Conditions: A little untended.
Observations/Information: I rode Huntington Wednesday late afternoon The rcombination of sunny skies, warm temps and low humidity made the weather perfect for outdoor activity and the trails were accordingly busy with hikers, bikers, and dog walkers. Early in the ride I crossed paths with a hiker who had lost his little wiener dog (dachshund) and I decided look for it (I had no luck).

I found the trails to be in good condition overall but poorly tended. There were a lot sticks on the trail ready to jam your wheel or snap your derailleur. I picked up what I could. Also the plank bridge at the boardwalk has been repositioned and it is now possible to ride under the tree again. there was a little bit of thick, gooey mud in the low places. Trails were otherwise dry.

As I rode into the parking lot at the end of the ride I saw the hiker and he had his little wiener dog with him, so the ride had a happy ending.
Trail Ambassador Name: Glenn Vernes

Trail Ambassador E-mail: Glennvernesatgmaildotcom
How did you use the trail? MT Biking
Trails Ridden: Burn loop, Twister, Dan Good, Rock n' Roll, South Pond
Time of day: Evening
Time/Duration (hours): 2.0
Approximate Distance (Miles): 12 miles
Images/Photos:
2nd image:
3rd Image:
4th Image:

No comments: