Monday, July 9, 2012

Bluff Point State Park

Date: July 9, 2012
Report Type: TA Report:
Trail Name: Bluff Point State Park
Town: Groton
Trail Conditions: Over grown!!!
Observations/Information: So, before I headed out this morning I texted a couple of my friends on the conditions of Bluff Point as they work close by and ride after work there much more often than I can get there.. Steve's reply "Last time we rode there is was over grown, Came out looking like we lost a fight with a Bobcat" I laughed and headed out......I shouldn't have laughed,.. his description was pretty accurate! :-/

Going to have to set up a few trail maintenance days there before the MBAS in August for sure...

Got through the whole briar thrashing and rode down to the bluff and relaxed for a few... got ready to head out again and noticed my front tire was flat,, not a drop of sealant oozing either...???WHat's up with that? Well I haven't put sealant in in probably a yr.. all dried up... counted 8 thorns quickly so figured a tube would go flat instantly.. so the MTB walk of shame back to the car.. :(
Trail Ambassador Name: Thom Lamourine



Trail Ambassador E-mail: Thom$ctnemba$com
How did you use the trail? MT Biking
Trails Ridden:
Time of day: Morning
Time/Duration (hours): 1
Approximate Distance (Miles): 4ish?
Images/Photos:
2nd image:
3rd Image:
4th Image:

No comments: