Thursday, June 14, 2012

West Hartford Reservoir

Date: June 14, 2012
Report Type: TA Report:
Trail Name: West Hartford Reservoir
Town: West Hartford, CT
Trail Conditions: just a little wet
Observations/Information: I don't know if it was because I had been riding obscure trails or because I had been riding fixed, but I had been at peace with the Reservoir lately. Not tonight. I know I've complained about the terrible jumps before, but now (hey, wait) I've got a new complaint. Up where there's the four way intersection between the blue trail and the other trail and the big rollers, some moron or group of morons have decided to do some excavation and more some kind of stupid landing for a drop. I've seen this a little bit elsewhere over by the power lines, but not with this amount of excavation. It looks like crap and it's totally unnecessary. The great thing about all the rollers there is that they're natural. There were drops, there were hard rollers and easy ones. Nothing required anyone to modify anything.

My cell phone battery was dying, so I couldn't take any pictures.

With all the stupid jumps, the idiot who's been carrying in the chainsaw and now this, they probably should close the Reservoir to mountain biking because the mountain biking community isn't mature enough to respect the place. Actually, I guess they never have.

I think I'll move out to the boonies and ride Goodwin all the time.
Trail Ambassador Name: Brendan Mahoney

Trail Ambassador E-mail: oiseauxatgmaildotcom
How did you use the trail? MT Biking
Trails Ridden: outter loop
Time of day: Evening
Time/Duration (hours): 2
Approximate Distance (Miles): 20 miles
Images/Photos:
2nd image:
3rd Image:
4th Image:

No comments: