Wednesday, June 13, 2012

Airline Trail


   
Date: 06/13/2012
Report Type: TA Report:
Trail Name: Airline Trail
Town: East Hampton to Lebanon
Trail Conditions: Damp, but very good
Observations/Information: I was all jazzed up to make the NEMBA CT Chapter meeting and River Highlands SP TM, but it was cancelled. Since I had nothing planned, a wet-weather riding I went...

My go-to wet-conditions location never lets me down. The Airline Trail drains as well as a Cape Cod beach!

I rode my SKS fendered Trek Portland in and out of light drizzle after today's moderately heavy rains. Trail traffic was light. A few dog walkers and runners, as well as two very interesting guys hiking carrying 40's in brown bags in Colchester or Hebron were my only company. The ultimate trail hydration has got to be a cold 40!

There's a tree down that will require a chain saw between Rt. 2 and Grayville Rd.

Something cool I noted was that it rained behind me on my outbound ride, erasing my tracks, so I rode in both directions with zero tire prints.

All and all, a nice night to be out.
Trail Ambassador Name: Barry Burke

Trail Ambassador E-mail: barry at bburke dot com
How did you use the trail? Other Biking
Trails Ridden: The Airline
Time of day: Evening
Time/Duration (hours): 2.0
Approximate Distance (Miles): 26 miles
Images/Photos: 2.JPG
2nd image: 1.JPG
3rd Image: 3.JPG
4th Image:

No comments: