Sunday, June 10, 2012

George C Waldo State Park


Date: 6/10/2012
Report Type: TA Report:
Trail Name: George C Waldo State Park
Town: Southbury
Trail Conditions: Sweet



Observations/Information: A quick rip on a late, Sunday afternoon. There was this black Subaru wagon at the parking area with a lot of bike racks but I never saw any people on bikes.  I wonder if they just rode down to the water to cool off.  Where's Waldo was really fast.  On the way back up the trail I came across a kid walking his poodle.


Down by the water there were signs of a party and someone had a camp fire.


While heading over to the Duck I encountered a blow down for which I did not have my saw with me and couldn't do anything about. It's small enough that you can hop it but it ruins the flow of the trail.


Trail Ambassador Name: Mark Lurie


Trail Ambassador E-mail: ctnemba a la gmail dot com
How did you use the trail? MT Biking
Trails Ridden: Where's Waldo, Extra Credit, Daffy Duck
Time of day: Morning
Time/Duration (hours): 1.5
Approximate Distance (Miles): 5

No comments: