Wednesday, February 29, 2012

George C Waldo State Park


Date: February 29, 2012
Report Type: TA Report:
Trail Name: George C Waldo State Park
Town: Southbury
Trail Conditions: Very good
Observations/Information: I wanted to ride before the snow came so I whipped out the singlespeed and headed to Waldo. It was a cold and blustery morning but the trails were, at the time anyway, snow free, and still frozen hard. I rode Waldo, including Extra Credit, and Daffy. Trails were in excellent shape, suffering no degradation this winter (at least so far), and well used. However there were a lot of sticks and branches down due to recent high winds. I brought along my new iPhone for pictures (stowed neatly in the media pouch of my new Camelbck) but I haven't quite figured out the camera yet, so I don't know if they'll come out.
On the way out I crossed paths with Ed Perten and his riding buddy Tony. I warned them of the coming storm and wished them well.
Trail Ambassador Name: Glenn Vernes
Trail Ambassador E-mail: glennvernes33@hotmail.com
How did you use the trail? MT Biking
Trails Ridden: Waldo, Daffy, Xtra Credit
Time of day: Morning
Time/Duration (hours): 1.5
Approximate Distance (Miles): 7 miles
Images/Photos: Waldo 050311 001.JPG
2nd image: Waldo02291202.png
3rd Image:
4th Image:

No comments: