Tuesday, October 11, 2011

Collis P Huntington SP

   
Date: 10/11/11
Report Type: TA Report:
Trail Name: Collis P Huntington SP
Town: Redding
Trail Conditions: Good
Observations/Information: I was tired from a hard weekend of riding and socializing at NEMBA Fest, but the weather was just too perfect, and wouldn't it be a great idea to ride the singlespeed! (Not!) I rode the Rusty Truck (Boardwalk), Burn Loop, and Twister. The trails had dried out considerably since Friday, and it looks like the weekend's riders did the right thing and avoided the wettest areas.

Unfortunately, I broke my chain while powering up a steep hill. An inner plate broke right in half (see photo). Singlespeeding is tough on chains. The trailside repair proved that while summer might be gone, the bugs are not.

After the ride I spent a little time checking out the new boardwalk. There is a wet area at each end and I think I know why. The heavy stone
"trannies" (transitions) on the ends are blocking the flow of water, and digging drainage channels should solve the problem.

Trail Ambassador Name: Glenn Vernes

Trail Ambassador E-mail: glennverness33athotmaildotcom
How did you use the trail? MT Biking
Trails Ridden: Rusty Truck, Burn Loop, Twister
Time of day: Afternoon
Time/Duration (hours): 1.0
Approximate Distance (Miles): 5
Images/Photos: 003.JPG
2nd image: 002.JPG
3rd Image:
4th Image:

No comments: