Tuesday, May 3, 2011

TA Report: Huntington State Park

   



Date: 5-3-11
Report Type: TA Report
Trail Name: Huntington
Town: Bethel
Trail Conditions: Mostly Excellent
Observations/Information: I went to Huntington to scout out some carriage road for my wife and I to ride. Ended up meeting a guy named Paul who was heading out to the singletrack in the north and norhtwest parts of the park. I joined him for almost an hour of some tasty flowy singletrack and some exhilirating climbs. Everything is mostly dry with the exception of a few nasty peanut butter thick mud. On the white trail I saw a large dangling branch (see pic) that looks pretty dangerous if and when it comes down. I tried to dislodge it to no avail.

   

 Trail Ambassador Name: Rick Brodsky

Trail Ambassador E-mail: rdbrodsky AT gmail dot com
How did you use the trail? Mt Biking
Trails Ridden: various singletrack and fireroad
Time of day: Afternoon
Time/Duration (hours): 4:00-5:30/ 1.5 hours
Approximate Distance (Miles): 7 miles
Images/Photos: 5-3dangling branchHuntington.JPG
2nd image: 5-3paulclimbing.JPG
3rd Image: 5-3meHuntington.JPG
4th Image: 5-3paulHuntington.JPG

No comments: