Sunday, April 17, 2011

TA Report: Roosevelt Forest

Date: 4/14/11
Report Type: TA Report
Trail Name: Roosevelt Forest
Town: Stratford
Trail Conditions: Good, two soft muddy areas, one mud puddle, two streams which were easy to traverse
Observations/Information: I went on a recon mission as I was invited to a meeting with the Town of Stratford to discuss possible trail maintenance and or construction by NEMBA in Roosevelt Forest. I wanted to get my facts straight regarding forest boundaries, trails on and off the map, no trespassing/private property signs and the like. Armed with this information I caught the tail end of the meeting, (I work late and they invited me to join them at that time), the proposal I had forwarded had been reviewed and I was asked to meet with the Conservation Officer and later to address issues of liability. I plan to pursue these meetings this coming week. I had a good discussion with a member of this meeting who mountain bikes in Roosevelt Forest. We exchanged contact information with plans to ride together in the forest at a later date.
Trail Ambassador Name: Ed Perten

Trail Ambassador E-mail: edperten(at)sbcglobal(dot)net
How did you use the trail? Mt Biking
Trails Ridden: All of them
Time of day: Morning
Time/Duration (hours): 1.5
Approximate Distance (Miles): A bunch
Images/Photos:
2nd image:
3rd Image:
4th Image:

No comments: