Monday, January 17, 2011

TA Report: Cockaponset SF / Tower Hill Lake

Date of Activity: January 8, 2011
Location: Cockaponset SF / Tower Hill Lake
Condition of Trail(s): Snow covered
Observations: This was my first time on this parcel because I received a trail map from a horse rider I met who utilizes these trails all the time; it is located just north of Weber Woods, across Route 80 from Tower Hill Lake, and east of the Quinimay trail so I figured I would throw on the snowshoes and explore the area; it was beautiful due to the recent snow drop and I was completely on my own seeing only a young couple in a Jeep; since none of the trails are marked, the map was my only guide and it was a lot of fun; lots of tracks ranging from coyote to deer to horse and very fresh; I just wandered around and took in the quiet and the new set of trails that I plan on incorporating into my rides from Weber Woods; a totally enjoyable hike that gave me lots of ideas for expanded rides from my backyard.

Trail Ambassador Name: Don Hazuka

Trail Ambassador Email: donald(dot)hazuka(at)covidien(dot)com
Town: Deep River
Trail(s) Ridden: All close to lot on Route 80
How did you use the trail: Snowshoeing
What was the time of day: Early afternoon
Duration (Hours): 1 3/4
Distance (Miles): 3 1/2


No comments: