Monday, November 29, 2010

TA Report: Rocky Neck SP

Did my usual spin through Rocky Neck today. It's just sooo nice having the trail within a mile of your home :) Trails were nice and leafy but getting packed down more and more.  Love my Conti Mtn King tires for the leaves though, almost never slid with them. 

Fork in the Trail

Started out cold but warmed right up and ended up shedding a layer. Cruised the board walk and instead of doing the normal run through the camp grounds for milage I headed over to Giants Neck Beach and rode through to the Park grounds that wrap around the housing and over to Rt 156 ( the name escapes me right now, Raven woods I think??)  My buddy Steve rides through there to meet up at Rocky Neck all the time.


Boardwalk

 Was really surprised at the trails, very nice double and single track. another nice way to add milage if at Rocky neck and just want more. On the way back I stopped at the house our fearless leader as informed me he rented for a week next summer. Took some shots to tease him with of what he's going to have for a view  ;)

View from Front Yard


Trail Ambassador Name: Thom Lamourine

Trail Ambassador Email: Thom(at)ectrr{dot}com
Town: East Lyme
Trail(s) all over
How did you use the trail: Mountain biking
What was the time of day: Early afternoon
Duration (Hours): 1 1/2
Distance (Miles): 6-7

No comments: