Sunday, November 28, 2010

TA Report: Cockaponset SF / Weber Woods

Date of Activity: November 28, 2010
Location: Cockaponset SF / Weber Woods
Condition of Trail(s): Nice shape, some clear windblown sections
Observations: To start, I drove over to the west parking lot and filled the map box, then headed back home; with my full suspension bike out of commission for the near future, I grabbed my hard tail and headed out on this beautiful day; I had no plans and just rambled around for a while and came upon a nice couple on the upper green who seemed delighted to be out in the woods; on my first pass on the white, I saw another couple with a dog who seemed equally happy; on the grey by the horse farm, I had to laugh when I noticed a ladder to a tree stand (Safety First) that looked like it was a prop for the next Jack Ass movie;

continued down the lower green to the blue where a guy was walking two dogs (no leashes) that looked like they wanted to eat me, but they turned out to be gentle; headed to the parking lot, then back out to the orange when I heard a small kid crying and came upon a young mom holding her (must have fallen) and walking with another small kid and a dog; here and there for a while longer, then up to the upper green and onward home; I love the smell of wood fires in the evening; another great day for a ride.
Trail Ambassador Name: Don Hazuka

Trail Ambassador Email: donald(dot)hazuka(at)covidien(dot)com
Town: Clinton/Killingworth/Westbrook/Deep River
Trail(s) Ridden: Parts of everything
How did you use the trail: Mountain biking
What was the time of day: Early afternoon
Duration (Hours): 1 1/2
Distance (Miles): 8 1/4


No comments: