Sunday, October 10, 2010

TA Report: River Highlands State Park

Date of Activity: October 2 & 10, 2010
Trail Ambassador Name: Paula Burton & Glenn Vernes
Condition of Trail(s): Bone Dry to blowdowns.
Observations: Paula and I rode River Highlands on Saturday the Second. Trails were bone dry. There were two guys racing around on ATV's, riding quickly and with gusto. Neither was wearing any protective gear, and one guy had a cigar in his mouth. He cut a comic profile and made me wish I had my camera. They've started riding on the singletrack, and that's a problem because if they keep it up, they'll destroy it in short order.
I rode Highlands again on Friday the Eighth. There were a lot of blowdowns from the rain and wind earlier in the week, including one tree I'll have to go back and cut with the big saw. I spent as much time clearing as riding, but I expected that and was not put off by it.


Trail Ambassador Email: glennvernes33athotmaildotcom
Town: Cromwell
Location: River Highlands State Park
Trail(s) Ridden: Green, Red, Yellow, Unmarked
How did you use the trail?: Mountain Bike
What was the time of day?: Late afternoon
Duration (Hours): 3
Distance (Miles): About 12

No comments: