Sunday, October 10, 2010

TA Report: Paugussett State Forest

Trail Ambassador: Rick Brodsky
Date of Activity: 10/10/2010
Trail Conditions:Very good.
Observations: Rode with my wife on the Polly Brody to the Gussy. Rode part of the Gussy and then back down and out the Polly Brody. Trying to slowly introduce my better half to singletrack and she's coming along fine.

The trails are pretty well covered with leaves at this point and its only going to get worse. I rode my old Cannondale hardtail while my wife rode my Specialized fully. I didn't realize how much those rocks on the Polly can rattle your body without full suspension. It was a beautiful day to be out there. We saw a few hikers and no bikers. I was glad to not worry about hunters today.

Trail Ambassador Email: rdbrodsky(at)gmailDOTcom
Town: Newtown
Location: Paugussett State Forest
Trail(s) Ridden: Polly Brody, Upper Gussy
How did you use the trail: biking
What was the time of day: 1:00-2:00PM
Duration (Hours): 1 hour
Distance (Miles): 4ish

No comments: