Tuesday, October 19, 2010

TA Report: Hartman Park


Date of Activity:  October 19th 
Location:  Hartman Park
Trail Ambassador Name:  Don Hazuka
Condition of Trail(s):  Great shape, dry with light leaf cover
Observations:  I had to travel up 395 on business trip to MA so I decided to sneak in a ride at Hartman Park; I have been wanting to ride it since I downloaded the park info sheet and map in early summer when I read one of Thom Lamourine’s posts; started on the orange and took it counterclockwise and soon got a great view of a pond with a beaver lodge; came across a guy taking pictures with a camera set up worthy of a spot on an NFL sideline and exchanged “hellos”; there was a pretty good sized, recently downed oak top across the trail not too much further in; near orange’s end I dismounted to check out an ancient cemetery on a small hill; connected to the red via the yellow and took it clockwise; by the time I reached the northern portion, I found myself thoroughly enjoying this park- the trails have great flow, technical difficulty in line/just above my skills, enough mandatory hiking to give a nice cross workout, and lots of great things to see on the map; I took a few wrong turns due to the small colored trail discs that at times were faded and easy to miss; came out on the orange, took it a short distance to the yellow south, to the lower orange, to the green, and back to the lot; riding in parks/forests with rich history and points of interest make for a great ride, and this parcel rates up there; a fantastic ride with great weather and beautiful foliage.






Trail Ambassador Email:  donald(dot)hazuka(at)covidien(dot)com
Town:  Lyme
Trail(s) Ridden:  Orange/red/yellow/green
How did you use the trail:  Mountain biking
What was the time of day:  Mid afternoon
Duration (Hours):  2
Distance (Miles):  7

No comments: