Saturday, August 28, 2010

TA Report: Weber Woods


TA Report: Cockaponset SF / Weber Woods
Date of activity: August 27, 2010
Condition of trail(s): Great with some light mud
Trail Ambassador Name: Don Hazuka
Duration (hours): 1.5
Distance (miles): 8+


Encounters and Observations: It was a beautiful day for a ride….period; it’s great being in the woods without the brutal heat and massive volume of bugs we had a few weeks back; I looped around the green/blue/orange/red/white trails and stopped and studied three situations, one on the blue and two on the white, where there is a tree across a very fast section of the trail (see two photos). That presents fun sometimes, but other times you just want to crank right along and not deal with the toy. I’m going to request permission from the LM to cut an optional line through the logs so the integrity is not lost for those who want to play, but offers a direct line that does not hinder speed for those who do not. Since these sections of trails are not real technical, I believe many of those who utilize them will really appreciate this modification; I continued up the white to the yellow then up to the lower Quinimay trail. I think more riders are using the Quinimay because it seems to be more visible every time I hit it; my rides on this usually end at route 80 where I turn around, but I decided to venture further and crossed over and continued north for another ½ mile or so; little by little I’m going to head more and more north and make this trail a viable option for riders looking for something different in my neck of the woods; backtracked on the Quinimay to the green and then on home; this day I had the trails all to myself.
Email: donald.hazuka@covidien.com
Town: Clinton / Westbrook / Deep River
Location: Cockaponset SF / Weber Woods
Trail(s) ridden: All plus lower Quinimay
How did you use the trail?: Mountain bike
What was the time of day?: Late afternoon






No comments: