Tuesday, August 10, 2010

TA Report: Cockaponset SF / Weber Woods




Date of activity: August 9, 2010
Condition of trail(s): Very dry and fast
Trail Ambassador Name: Don Hazuka

Encounters and Observations: I had a spectacular time yesterday at the MBAS ride @ Cockaponset (nice job Bryan!) and the pleasure of meeting Philip Keyes and also my land manager Alex Sokolow, not to mention many others; not wanting the fun to end, I decided to enjoy another day on the trails; it was hot and buggy as expected this time of year, and the trails were all very dry and really fast; there wasn’t any mud at all throughout all the low lying areas; I didn’t see anyone during the entire ride; I decided to loop around to the blue trail to see if my directions to the downed tree were accurate this time so the DEP’s crew could remove it; when I got there, the trail was completely cleared (see photo- thanx Alex!); I looped up the white and yellow to the green then over to the Quinimay; this trail looked like there had been much more activity since the last time I rode it two months ago and I really enjoyed it; I’m going to include this section more often in my rides and eventually take it all the way up north to its end (or beginning); came out on route 80 and shot down the north section of Tower Hill to the dirt road, then back to the west entrance to home; I needed this ride to work out the pain and kinks from my trip over the handle bars on the Intermediate route yesterday which fortunately did not get captured on film, but did get observed by those behind me.
Email: donald.hazuka@covidien.com
Town: Clinton / Westbrook
Location: Cockaponset SF / Weber Woods
Trail(s) ridden: Green/orange/blue/white/yellow/Quinimay
How did you use the trail?: Mountain bike
What was the time of day?: Mid afternoon
Duration (hours): 1.75
Distance (miles): 7.75

No comments: