Monday, July 12, 2010

TA Report Wadsworth Falls and River Highands State Park.



Date of Activity: July 2 & 9, 2010
Trail Ambassador Names: Paula Burton & Glenn Vernes

Paula and I rode Wadsworth Falls on Friday the Second. The trails were bone dry, it felt like riding in the high desert southwest. I got a flat near the Big Falls. You need to be careful in that area as there's a lot of broken glass. There's a new tree down near the Little Falls that's too big to cut with the pocket saw- I'll have to hike in with the big saw.

I rode River Highlands on Friday the Ninth. The trails are holding up just fine but the litter problem has moved from the parking lot onto the trails – mostly water bottles. From now on I'll be bringing a bag on the ride and picking up what I can. There were also some limbs across the trail that look like they might have been deliberately placed. I'll monitor that.



Trail Ambassador Email: glennvernes33athotmaildotcom
Town: Cromwell
Location: Wadsworth Falls and River Highlands State Parks
Trail(s) Ridden: Green, Red, white, yellow, unmarked
How did you use the trail? Mountain bike
What was the time of day? Afternoon
Duration (Hours): 3
Distance (Miles): Around 12
Condition of Trail(s): Good & very dry.

No comments: