Monday, July 26, 2010

TA Report: River Highlands State Park


Date of Activity: July 25, 2010
Trail Ambassador Names: Glenn Vernes

Condition of Trail(s): Good
I had wanted to go riding, but it started to drizzle in the afternoon and I decided to hike instead. This afternoon rain is really interfering with my riding, and I'll bet I'm not the only one. I hiked for an hour and a half, accompanied all the while by a swarm of buzzing insects. It was dog's breath hot and humid with no breeze.
The slower pace of hiking allowed me to better assess the condition of the trails, and pick up litter. The trails were fine and I filled a bag with refuse, mostly beverage containers. There was one big tree down across a double track that looks like it was taken down by wind, not surprising since we've had a lot of that lately. Surprisingly few sticks were down.




Trail Ambassador Email: glennvernes33athotmaildotcom
Town: Cromwell
Location: River Highlands State Park
Trail(s) Ridden: Green, yellow
How did you use the trail? Hike
What was the time of day? Afternoon
Duration (Hours): 1.5
Distance (Miles): Around 3

No comments: