Saturday, July 31, 2010

TA Report: Hartman Park/ Nehantic State Forest

Fire Place Chimney

Date of Activity: 6/6/2010
Trail Ambassador Name: Thomas Lamourine
Condition of Trails(s): Good, great, eroded but fun
Observations: - Well, started out at the usual Hartman Park in Lyme, just plowed up the fire road to get the the summit of the place at the power lines and figured I'd take select single track back down. Was SUCH a nice day and after shoulder and finger injuries I changed my mind and figured I just stay on Fire Roads and go out and explore the adjoining Nehantic State Forest. Never really went off into the area much in the past. Was kinda fun. Lots of hills to climb up. Eroded, loose rocky, (golf ball size to bowling ball size) stuff so watching my line was a little nerve racking on some of the speedie down hills. but was a blast. Found a few foundations and such that I'd never seen before. Going to have to go back when I can go allll day :)
Big Tree in Trail


Trail Ambassador Email: Thom(at)ectrr.com
Town: Lyme/East Lyme
Location:Hartman Park/ Nehantic State Forest
Trail(s) Ridden: Fire Roads
How did you use the trail: biking
What was the time of day: 11am
Duration (Hours):2
Distance (Miles): 8ish

No comments: