Wednesday, December 31, 2014

George C Waldo State Park



Date: 12/31/2014
Report Type: TA Report
Trail Name: George C Waldo State Park
Town: Southbury, CT
Trail Conditions: Awesome
Observations/Information: Last ride of 2014 and it was awesome. When I got to Waldo, there was only one car in the lot but when I left 2 hours later, all available spots were taken and people were parked on the other side of the street, too!  I gave up my spot to someone who just pulled in since I was leaving.



Rode most of the trails in both directions and they are holding up pretty well. There were a few ruts here and there when it appears people rode after the big rains we recently had.  Of course, the stream crossing on the latest new trail needs something radically done here, like a bridge or a decent rock armoring until the bridge is installed.


Found the new skinny but it's a little high for my liking.






Trail Ambassador Name: Mark
Trail Ambassador E-mail: ctnemba gmail com
How did you use the trail? MT Biking
Trails Ridden: All of them
Time of day: Afternoon
Time/Duration (hours): 2
Approximate Distance (Miles): 9
Image Description(s)/Instructions:

No comments: