Thursday, August 29, 2013

Wadsworth Falls SP

Date: August 29, 2013
Report Type: TA Report:
Trail Name: Wadsworth Falls SP
Town: Middletown/Middlefield
Trail Conditions: Good
Observations/Information: I hit Wadsworth Thursday late afternoon. I forgot my whyphone? so no pictures. The weather was not the best, dank and muggy, but the trails were in good shape overall, and well ridden. The Middletown area had not seen appreciable rain since Sunday night, when it poured, and the trails were dry enough to ride without feelings of quilt. The soil was tacky, rocks and roots slick. I crossed paths with a group of four other riders.

Recent winds had brought down two trees on Taco Bell. One at the base of the second hill. The tree had fallen and was resting on smaller trees, creating a cluster of bent-over trees and branches blocking the trail. I cleaned the area up with my saw and it is now passable. There was also a small tree behind the red roof (Taco Bell) house at the southern end of the trail. On my last visit it was high enough to ride under but it had settled since then so I removed it. Trails are getting a little grown-in in places but are passable.
Trail Ambassador Name: Glenn Vernes

Trail Ambassador E-mail: glennvernesatgeemaildotcom
How did you use the trail? MT Biking
Trails Ridden: Yellow, blue, red, Taco Bell, yellow/black, unmarked.
Time of day: Evening
Time/Duration (hours): 1.5
Approximate Distance (Miles): 7.5 miles
Images/Photos:
2nd image:
3rd Image:
4th Image:

No comments: