Tuesday, July 16, 2013

Wadsworth Falls SP

Date: July 15, 2013
Report Type: TA Report:
Trail Name: Wadsworth Falls SP
Town: Middletown/Middlefield
Trail Conditions: Good, clear and dry
Observations/Information: I rode Wadsworth Monday late afternoon. I was expecting a hot ride so I filled my Camelback with ice water and stuck my jersey in the pocket for the ride to the trailhead. I had a nice cool jersey to put on that stayed that way for approximately five seconds. More useful was draping wet paper towels around my neck and on my forehead, and refreshing them at the water crossings. The hardest part of the ride was the heavy, humid air that made it difficult to breathe.

I rode every trail and they were all clear and well used. The soil was dry and lose and traction not easy to find. I expected the trails to be overgrown but they were not, even the side trail to the school in Rockfall was clear and thorns really weren't a problem anywhere, at least not yet.

The trails at Wadsworth are a little too dry right now but it's a good place to ride during a heat wave because you can jump in the pond after the ride.
Trail Ambassador Name: Glenn Vernes

Trail Ambassador E-mail: glennvernesatgeemaildotcom
How did you use the trail? MT Biking
Trails Ridden: Yellow, red, white, blue, yellow/black, Taco Bell, unmarked.
Time of day: Evening
Time/Duration (hours): 1.25 hours
Approximate Distance (Miles): 7.5 miles
Images/Photos: Wads071513 001.JPG
2nd image:
3rd Image:
4th Image:

No comments: