Sunday, May 5, 2013

Upper Paugussett State Forest

Roller on Sandy's Reroute
Date: 5/5/2013
Report Type: TA Report:
Trail Name: Upper Paugussett State Forest
Town: Newtown, CT
Trail Conditions: Very dry
Observations/Information: Riding towards the Mulikin Trail on the Newtown Trailway, I picked up an unopened HammerGel. I suppose if I were to wash it off it might be OK but what would you do? Chuck it or keep it for another day of riding?

Mulikin


Looks like the Mulikin is seeing a lot more traffic these days because it starting to get that ridden in look. It's really dried out, which is good, but that one section is still going to need to be rerouted.

There is one problem area on the trail that I need to fix, a muddy stream crossing.

Blow down
Had to fix a could of up and overs along the Mulikin. Either the rock ramps got pushed to the sides or somebody is deliberately doing it.

On top of the 3 Bears
As for the Gussy trail, it too, needs some work with a new blow down at the top of the trail and the 3 Bears roller blocked with a really big blow down.  Somebody foot raked another option but the run out is not good.

Foot raking
On my way back, I noticed someone removed the Zombie Chair from where the Gussy spills out onto the jeep trail over by Sanford Rd.


 
Encountered someone from Southbury that was riding with this son. They were climbing up the Gussy as I was heading down it.



Riding back on the Mulikin I picked up a multi-tool that I don't recall seeing on my way up but then again I could have missed it. If anyone lost a multitool, contact me, and we'll figure out a way for you to get it back.
Trail Ambassador Name: Mark Lurie
Trail Ambassador E-mail: ctnemba@gmail.com
How did you use the trail? MT Biking
Trails Ridden: Mulikin, Upper Gussy
Time of day: Morning
Time/Duration (hours): 1.5
Approximate Distance (Miles): 6

No comments: