Wednesday, March 27, 2013

TM Report: River Highlands State Park

Date: March 27, 2013
Report Type: TM Report:
Trail Name: River Highlands State Park
Town: Cromwell
Trail Conditions: Mostly good
Observations/Information: I hiked into River Highlands Wednesday morning, just me, my saw, and I, to clear the trails of sticks and twigs. I cleared the green trail near the parking lot, and also the green north of yellow. This particular section has always had the character of a half-abandoned trail, with a lot of debris in the treadway and vegitation growing into the corridor. Since its a short section it didn't take long to clean up. I also cleared the yellow trail near the sidewinder and the blue back to the dirt road. The blue is another section of trail that had become dificult and unpleasant to ride with multiple blockages. Its now clear with one exception- a tree accross that forces you to duck under it. That one was too big for my hand saw to cut.

As far as the condition of the trails most are snow-free and dry, although the yellow trail is still covered in snow below the junction with green (the ribbon of snow in the picture is the trail). There's also snow in sidewinder, on the side facing north. I didn't get to the green trail south of yellow, so I can't comment on that.
Trail Ambassador Name: Glenn Vernes

Trail Ambassador E-mail: glennvernesatgeemaildotcom
How did you use the trail? Hiking/Walking
Trails Ridden: Green, yellow, blue.
Time of day: Morning
Time/Duration (hours): 2.0
Approximate Distance (Miles): N/A
Images/Photos: Blow Hole 032713 002.JPG
2nd image:
3rd Image:
4th Image:

No comments: