Sunday, March 17, 2013

River Highlands State Park

Date: March 16, 2013
Report Type: TA Report:
Trail Name: River Highlands State Park
Town: Cromwell
Trail Conditions: Not yet.
Observations/Information: I rode, or rather tried to ride, the Blow Hole on Saturday. Although it looked promising from the parking lot once I got into the woods I found conditions to be pretty bleak. Still enough patches of deep, slushy snow on the trails, the yellow in particular, to make riding extremely difficult. About 1/2 mile was enough to convince me I was wasting my time. I retreated and went for a road bike ride instead. There's also a winters woth of sticks and limbs lying all over the place- enough to require a dedicated clean up day. There had been someone in before me recently (fresh tracks), but it looked as though he didn't get far either.

I'll try to arrange a clean up day some Saturday, so keep an eye peeled for that.
Trail Ambassador Name: Glenn Vernes

Trail Ambassador E-mail: glennvernesatgeemaildotcom
How did you use the trail? MT Biking
Trails Ridden: Green, yellow
Time of day: Morning
Time/Duration (hours): .25
Approximate Distance (Miles): 1 mile
Images/Photos: Blow Hole 031613 011.JPG
2nd image:
3rd Image:
4th Image:

No comments: