Wednesday, February 6, 2013

George C Waldo State Park

Date: 2/6/13
Report Type: TA Report:
Trail Name: George C Waldo State Park
Town: Southbury
Trail Conditions: Beautiful
Observations/Information: Trail conditions varied from a light snow, damp leaves, firm ground, some surface ground defrosting, some slippery spots. After riding the red trail to the Hunter's Trail to the dirt road leading to the lake, I spied a very flat section on the eroded, uneven road surface. I stopped and yelled "Ice" to my riding buddy, who proceeded to ride around me, onto the ice, the bike went out from under him and he took a hard spill. While lying on the ground he asked me what did I say? I repeated, "Ice". Some slippery conditions, some slippery roots, all stone wall crossings, although covered with a light dusting of snow, were navigated without incident. Cleared one blow down on the red; Left a minor blow down on the red just past the bridge when climbing back up after leaving the lake.
Trail Ambassador Name: Ed Perten

Trail Ambassador E-mail: edperten(at)sbcglobal(dot)net
How did you use the trail? MT Biking
Trails Ridden: Red, Extra Credit, Hunter's Trail
Time of day: Morning
Time/Duration (hours): 2 1/2 hours
Approximate Distance (Miles): 2 1/2 hours worth
Images/Photos:
2nd image:
3rd Image:
4th Image:

No comments: