Friday, December 28, 2012

Cockaponset SF - Weber Woods section


Date: December 28, 2012
Report Type: TA Report:
Trail Name: Cockaponset SF - Weber Woods section
Town: Clinton, Westbrook
Trail Conditions: Mostly good
Observations/Information: As I stepped off my deck towards the woods, I scared off a sharp shinned hawk who was sitting high in a tree observing the visitors to my bird feeders (spared for the moment); I headed out to the southern green and decided to take the connector to the Chittenden Preserve; on the way I crossed a few large trees across the trail that require a chainsaw that would have to wait; clearing the trails of debris, I hiked most of Chittenden- a great addition to the trails of WW; since this is Clinton town property (WW is state) it follows different rules; there is a main overly blazed network of blue trails and there are numerous unmarked trails everywhere, but overall it's great; came out on the trail by the horse farm and headed back on the green with a detour to the paintball loop; I think Peter Finch posted earlier about a mess left by some paintballers (see photo), absolutely pathetic; I'll get out there this weekend and clean it up; most of the trails were in pretty good shape except for the low lying ones which had some standing water and mud; I didn't come across anyone and had the place to myself; I think my back is ready so I'm hoping I'll get out there soon on my bike instead of hiking; headed home as the dark approached.
Trail Ambassador Name: Don Hazuka

Trail Ambassador E-mail: Gr8outdorz.hotmail.com
How did you use the trail? Hiking/Walking
Trails Ridden: Lower green, most of Chittenden, paintball loop
Time of day: Afternoon
Time/Duration (hours): 1 3/4
Approximate Distance (Miles): 5
Images/Photos: Blazed 2.JPG
2nd image: Mess.JPG
3rd Image:
4th Image:

No comments: