Friday, June 29, 2012

George C Waldo State Park

Date: June 29, 2012
Report Type: TA Report:
Trail Name: George C Waldo State Park
Town: Southbury
Trail Conditions: Good
Observations/Information: I rode Waldo Friday evening. I had solved the creak problem on my Stumpjumper (it was the pedals) and decided to go for a celebratory ride. It was hot. How hot was it? It was soaking wet clothes, sweat running down the brow hot. Also buggy. The trails were in very good shape, although vegetative overgrowth is becoming a problem on the power line. Extra Credit is much improved over my last visit- the tree is gone and the benching cleaned up. The soil was moist and tacky for traction and dust control. The campsite was a mess (recent party). I took a splash bath in the river (warm as bath water). I met two other riders on the trail- they also commented about the bugs. I cleared some sticks off the trail and one large oak limb on the Hunters Trail (see photo).

Waldo would be a good place to ride this weekend.

Trail Ambassador Name: Glenn Vernes

Trail Ambassador E-mail: glennvernesatgmaildotcom
How did you use the trail? MT Biking
Trails Ridden: Where's Waldo, Daffy Duck, Hunters, Extra Credit
Time of day: Evening
Time/Duration (hours): 1.75
Approximate Distance (Miles): 8 miles
Images/Photos: 002.JPG
2nd image:
3rd Image:
4th Image:

No comments: