Saturday, February 11, 2012

TA Report: Roosevelt Forest

Date: 2/8/12
Report Type: TA Report:
Trail Name: Roosevelt Forest
Town: Stratford
Trail Conditions: Perfect, some mud, two stream crossings not frozen

Observations/Information: I had some company in the forest today, usually I have the forest all to myself. I passed a hiker on the trail, we exchanged greetings and he said he was waiting for the snow to blanket the forest. My initial reaction was two people enjoying the forest, nature at its best. Then it hit me, he was smoking a cigar and the next several yards were covered with cigar smoke. How can one enjoy mother nature when your head is in a cloud of cigar smoke? It sure ruined the moment for me.

Trail Ambassador Name: Ed Perten


Trail Ambassador E-mail: edperten(at)sbcglobal(dot)net
How did you use the trail? MT Biking
Trails Ridden: ...all of them
Time of day: Afternoon
Time/Duration (hours): 1 hour
Approximate Distance (Miles): ...about that much

No comments: