Wednesday, September 14, 2011

TA Report: Upper Paugussett State Forest

Are you kidding me?

Date: 9/14/2011
Report Type: TA Report:
Trail Name: Upper Paugussett State Forest
Town: Newtown, CT

Trail Conditions: Poly Brody is very wet but as usual Upper Gussy is well drained and not hint of mud!

Observations/Information: There's old furniture decorating the parking lot at Echo Valley, still. Blowdowns still block the Poly Brody in places, not to mention the Brody is very wet, however the Gussy is AWESOME! There is a new blowdown by the second skinny but it's more of a Widow Maker and trail needs to be rerouted around it.  Very buggy though, I think I had 20+ mosquito bites on me by the time I got home!

Tropical Storm Lee damage

Trail Ambassador Name: Mark Lurie
Trail Ambassador E-mail: ctnemba 'a la' gmail
How did you use the trail? MT Biking
Trails Ridden: Poly Brody, Upper Gussy
Time of day: Evening
Time/Duration (hours): 1
Approximate Distance (Miles): 5

No comments: