Thursday, September 1, 2011

George C Waldo State Park

Date: 9/1/11
Report Type: TA Report:
Trail Name: George C Waldo State Park
Town: Soutbury
Trail Conditions: Pretty dry but messy
Observations/Information: Decide to take a run down to Waldo after a few riders told me they made it down. So I took my bizzare way to get there and good thing...it was the only way to get there as I found out when I left to go home up Purchase Rd was blocked. South of Waldo is also blocked but on both ends the crews are working. I rode WWaldo/Daffy/Hunter...yikes....twigs...limbs...leaves all over the place. Your spokes/derailleur will not like you. Daffy was fine...just needed to stop and clean up some bigger limbs...but when I hit Hunter it was another story. Heading toward the fireroad was blocked by the limb in the pic. Going the other way toward WWaldo was blocked by an even bigger limb(s). I took an hour and cut them all up and put them off to the side. If I get down there Sat morning see what the rest of WWaldo is like as I ran out of daylight and had to ride out plus I was pretty whipped.
Trail Ambassador Name: SAS

Trail Ambassador E-mail: cirrus113dothotmaildotcom
How did you use the trail? MT Biking
Trails Ridden: WWaldo,Daffy,Hunter
Time of day: Evening
Time/Duration (hours): 1.5
Approximate Distance (Miles): 3.5
Images/Photos: Hunter1a.jpg
2nd image:
3rd Image:
4th Image:

No comments: