Saturday, August 13, 2011

George C Waldo State Park

   
Date: 8/13/11
Report Type: TA Report:
Trail Name: George C Waldo State Park
Town: Southbury
Trail Conditions: Excellent
Observations/Information: Rode around 11am...perfect morning for riding...nobody was there. Trails in excellent shape. I rode off Daffy(rock walls are still okay...no build up) but when I rode up Hunter to WWaldo there was a decent size blowdown blocking it. I dont know if someone dragged it over from the old blowdown to block the trail or its a new one. I did my best to drag it out but no way...moved it about 10ft but that was it...so I spent time breaking off all the limbs I could and positioning it back where it could be ridden over real easy. Ran into another new rider...Josh...we rode WW and Daffy again then went our separate way on Hunter. It never occured to me till I was at the car maybe with Josh's help we could have moved the blowdown right out of there.
Trail Ambassador Name: Jim M

Trail Ambassador E-mail: cirrus113dothotmaildotcom
How did you use the trail? MT Biking
Trails Ridden: WWaldo,Daffy,Hunter
Time of day: Morning
Time/Duration (hours): 2
Approximate Distance (Miles): 6miles
Images/Photos: blowdown1a.jpg
2nd image: blowdown 2a.jpg
3rd Image:
4th Image:

No comments: