Tuesday, June 14, 2011

TM Report: Where's Waldo

Date: 6/13/11
Report Type: TM Report
Trail Name: Where's Waldo
Town: Southbury
Trail Conditions: Big storm damage
Observations/Information: And I thought everyone was kidding about the storm damage! Four or five trees are on top of each other and have blocked a couple hundred feet of trail. I flagged a temporary reroute ( there is no treadway yet), and then tackled another pile of trees. I was almost done when I pinched my saw. Yuck! Well I'll get back there in the next day or two. I ran into some guys from the Friday night group who came to help, and they were getting the pile of trees near the beginning of the trail. Guess that still leaves some other piles. The Daffy Duck trail is progressing, and the storm did not damage the new section at all. I don't know if there was a tornado or not, but those trees sure look twisted to me. And a bear to cut! The photo shows where there was a trail once. You can see the blaze.
Trail Ambassador Name: Paula Burton

Trail Ambassador E-mail: peburtonataoldotcom
How did you use the trail? Other
Trails Ridden: n/a
Time of day: Afternoon
Time/Duration (hours): 2 hours
Approximate Distance (Miles): n/a
Images/Photos: stormdamage1.JPG
2nd image:
3rd Image:
4th Image:

No comments: