Thursday, May 12, 2011

TA Report: Case Mountain

Date: 5/12/2011
Report Type: TA Report
Trail Name: Case Mountain
Town: Manchester
Trail Conditions: Dry
Observations/Information: This was my first time riding at Case Mountain, and it won't be my last. The park is popular with all sorts of users and mountain bikes are prime users. It's well worth the trip from just about anywhere with 11 miles of trails for all sorts of users. My preferred trail is the White Trail, which is mostly a carriage road, wide and great for bombing down the hills, spewing gravel off the side. Pink (yes there is a pink trail) offered mildly technical terrain with some roots and rocks. Yellow-Red and Gray-White were decidedly challenging with a veritable obstacle course of rocks large and small that kept me looking at my front wheel most of the time. With the many ups and downs, I got a good workout, despite only traveling 7 miles. Overall, the trails were dry and in excellent shape. I encountered a few other mountain bikers along the way, and surprisingly few walkers. A mountain biker was kind enough to give me a full-color map. There's a black and white map (hard to read) at http://recreation.townofmanchester.org/CaseMountain.cfm.
Trail Ambassador Name: Tom Ebersold

Trail Ambassador E-mail: bikehikekayak at sbcglobal dot net
How did you use the trail? Mt Biking
Trails Ridden: White, Pink, Grey-White, Yellow-Red
Time of day: Evening
Time/Duration (hours): 1.5
Approximate Distance (Miles): 7
Images/Photos:
2nd image:
3rd Image:
4th Image:

No comments: