Saturday, April 9, 2011

TA Report: River Highland SP


    


Date: 4/9/2011
Report Type: TA Report
Trail Name: TA Report: River Highland SP
Town: Cromwell
Trail Conditions: excellent!!
Observations/Information: What a cool place!!Went there after reading reviews here (mostly Glenn's) and figured it was a fairly smooth surface in the trails so as to be able to ride without yanking on my sore shoulder. trails are smooth alright, but man are there some serious hills and dales!! Place is a woodland roller coaster ride. Many hike a bike hills!! though I think if I got to know it I could probably get a loop where I could ride down most of the bigger ones...? there are some trails that are smooth and reasonably flat. Would be a great place to bring kids/family to ride there for a short casual day. have lunch Like I did down at the camp site!

Place is Vista heaven overlooking the CT river, got to be 3-4 with trails going right to the edge and the white trail kinda hugs the cliff side once it gets out to the river side. Really interesting ride and a wicked workout if you wanted to train at building your hill climbing skills!!



I got a whole GPS thing over at everytrail.com with more pictures too...

Trail Ambassador Name: Thom Lamourine

Trail Ambassador E-mail: thom1....ectrr....com
How did you use the trail? Mt Biking
Trails Ridden: all over
Time of day: Afternoon
Time/Duration (hours): 2
Approximate Distance (Miles): 5-6ish maybe..?
Images/Photos: IMG_0419.jpg
2nd image: IMG_0420.jpg
3rd Image: IMG_0422.jpg
4th Image: IMG_0423.jpg

1 comment:

Glenn said...

Tom-

Yes you can put together a loop here where most of the hills are rideable. Let me know next time you go back and I'll show you.

Glenn