Sunday, March 6, 2011

TA Report: Upper Paugussett State Forest

Date of Activity:  3/6/2011
Conditions:  Snowy and very, very wet

Observations:  Haven't been to Upper Paugussett since I taco'ed my front wheel the evening before Christmas and wanted to see how the trails in the forest were holding up.  Rather than heading up the Poly Brody Forest Road I bushwhacked between the Forest Road and the Blue Trail that runs along Lake Lillilohnah and in my wanderings I made sure I only went through cuts in the stone walls that the farmers from long, long ago made. Snow cover is pretty consistent and if it weren't for snow shoes I would have given up rather quickly.

The Rock Monster


Monster foot print


Looks like there might have been an ATV in the forest again.

I lost the ATV tracks where the Horse trail splits off the Gussy and I assume the ATV went that way.


The snow on the Gussy was pretty virginal

Condition on the trails:  Not Rideable



No comments: